Don your scarves and mittens: Winter’s here with its beautiful blanket of white and countless ways to get out and enjoy it. Here are 50 activities to get the (snow)ball rolling…
1. Careen down a hundred-year-old toboggan run at up to 80 km/hour! Only at Dufferin Terrace.
2. Go for a skate in the heart of the city at Place d’Youville, a true winter wonderland.
3. Spend an unforgettable day at Village Vacances Valcartier, the largest winter playground in North America.
4. Explore Old Québec, a UNESCO world heritage treasure.
5. Enjoy fantastic skiing and fabulous snow conditions at nearby resorts.
6. Hold on to the reins for a thrilling dogsled ride.
7. Go sledding without spending a penny at great hills all over Québec City (link in French)
8. Pamper yourself with a relaxing Nordic spa experience.
9. Paddle your way through the ice on the St. Lawrence in an ice canoe.
10. Bundle up the kids and catch a Québec Winter Carnival night parades.
11. Enjoy the 5 star treatment at a wilderness outfitter.
12. Admire the city in its winter finery from Observatoire de la Capitale.
13. Spin your wheels on a fat bike at Vallée Bras-du-Nord.
15. Visit Hôtel de Glace, the only ice hotel in North America.
16. Enjoy great savings on winter fun with your own personalized discount coupons.
17. Cast a line–it’s ice fishing season at Station Touristique Duchesnay.
18. Head off on a snowmobiling adventure.
19. See Aquarium du Québec come alive during the Festi Lumière light festival.
20. Admire the Joan of Arc Garden at its winter best—it’s free!
21. Slip on some snowshoes to explore Parc de la Chute-Montmorency and admire its famous Sugarloaf Hill.
22. Marvel at the St. Lawrence River ice from the decks of the Québec–Lévis ferry.
23. Indulge your sweet tooth with maple taffy at the Petite Cabane à Sucre in the heart of town.
24. Plunge down the giant 7.5 km downhill sled run at Le Massif de Charlevoix.
25. Take a stroll on Promenade Samuel-de Champlain and take in the majesty of the frozen St. Lawrence River.
26. Try skishoeing in the amazing snow-covered forest at Forêt Montmorency.
27. Appreciate family activities at Village Nordik du Port de Québec.
28. Break the ice with a one-day introduction to ice climbing.
29. Hold hands under the blanket in a horse-drawn carriage, the most romantic way to see Québec City sights.
30. Spend a night to remember in a yurt.
31. Take a trip back in time on a snowshoe trek that teaches the ways of the traditional hunt in Wendake.
32. Explore along the world's first continuous-cable, winter-proofed via ferrata!
33. Admire the varied vistas in the Parc linéaire de la rivière Saint-Charles.
34. Head off-trail for great backcountry skiing, telemarking, snowboarding, and snowshoeing in Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier.
35. Build a family snowman at Battlefields Park.
36. Discover Québec City from the air aboard a helicopter!
37. Warm up with a hot chocolate at Érico chocolaterie pâtisserie.
38. Soak up the spectacular scenery along the Sentier des Caps trail.
39. Visit the exhibitors' charming wooden cabins at the German Christmas Market.
40. Go ice canyoning with a spectacular 41 m frozen descent at Jean-Larose falls.
41. Have a cold one—real cold—at the outdoor “ice bar” at La Traite restaurant.
42. See another side of Québec City, with a tour guided by the ghost of a notorious criminal from the days of New France.
43. Immortalize Québec City’s spectacular murals on camera.
44. Shop ‘til you drop on Québec City’s lively shopping streets.
And if the temperature gets a little to cold for your tastes, here are some great indoor activities that’ll keep you toasty warm!
46. Watch a Québec Remparts hockey game.
48. Cheer on the next hockey legends at the Tournoi international de hockey Pee-Wee de Québec.
49. Have a blast at Méga Parc Éphémère des Galeries de la Capitale.
50. Sample local Québec delicacies at Old Port Market.