The city’s numerous research centres and training facilities power the industry and boost the growth of companies. Local agri‑food entrepreneurs passionate about healthy eating develop and market an abundance of value‑added products.
- 160 companies
- 10 research centres, chairs, groups, and institutes
- 6,750 jobs
- 138 researchers in research centres
A Food Innovation Ecosystem
- Health Food Cluster – A group of entrepreneurs committed to developing and marketing value-added products that contribute to a healthier food offering.
- GastronomiQc Lab – The only joint research unit of its kind in North America, with a mission to combine nutrition and science and promote Québec cuisine internationally. An initiative of Université Laval and Institut de tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ).
Events in the food and nutrition industry
- 5th International Conference of CIGR (Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering) 2020
- 3rd International Conference Insects to Feed the World - IFW, 2020
- BENEFIQ - Rendez-vous international sur les ingrédients santé
- Colloque international sur la sécurité alimentaire et la nutrition à l'heure des changements climatiques - 2017
- International Conference on Polyphenol and Health, 2017
- 8th International Strawberry Symposium, 2016
- International Conference in Engineering and Food, 2015