The birthplace of French North America and the only walled city north of Mexico is an open-air treasure chest that will delight history and culture buffs alike. Its European background and modern North American character are set off by a heady blend of history, traditional and contemporary art, and French-language culture to make Québec City a destination like no other.
- Capital of the province of Québec
- Home to a population of 677,000 inhabitants (Greater Québec City Area), 95% of them French-speaking. However, many people, including the vast majority of hospitality industry workers, also speak English
- A very safe city, with one of the lowest crime rates in North America (less than 5%)
- Among the world's best food cities
An Heritage Influenced by Different Nations:
- Nearly 4.7 million tourists per year, including 1 million from 75 countries outside Canada
- Capacity of nearly 16,000 rooms
- International cruise ships port of call
Year after year, travel magazines continually rank the Québec City Area among the world's top destinations.