One of the oldest churches in North America, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires was built atop the ruins of Champlain's first outpost. After being severely damaged during the Siege of Québec, the church was rebuilt in 1763. The interior décor bears witness to Québecers' faith and history. A model of the Brézé, the ship commanded by the marquis of Tracy, can be seen inside the church, along with numerous votive offerings. The church continues the tradition of blessing and handing out little buns on the feast day of its patron saint, St. Genevieve.
Hours: October 29, 2017, to May 2018: Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Admission: open to visitors except during a concert or religious service.
Hours: subject to change. Our calendar of events may be consulted on our website.
Closed: The church is closed from November to April, except Sunday. Schedule may change, check our calendar of events on our website.
Minimum duration of a visit: 00 h 10
Schedule and rates are subject to change without notice. Visit their website or contact them for up-to-date information.
32, rue Sous-le-Fort
Borough of La Cité - Limoilou / Vieux-Québec
|Ability to host groups|
|Companies offering Youth Activities : For groups|
|Companies offering Youth Activities : For individuals|