The “Québec City, the Fortified Home of Rock” Contest Rules
- The Contest runs from June 30, 2015, at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) to July 5, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. (EST) (hereinafter the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is organized by Québec City Tourism (hereinafter the “Contest Organizers”).
- To enter the “Québec City, the Fortified Home of Rock” Contest for a chance to win the Prize, you must comment on the Facebook post promoting the Contest no later than July 5, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. (EST).
- The Contest is open to residents of Ontario and Quebec who have reached the age of majority by the draw date.
- Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Organizers, of their advertising and promotional agencies, of suppliers of goods or services used in connection with this Contest, as well as members of their immediate family (brothers, sisters, children, father, mother), their legal or common-law spouse, and anyone with whom these employees, agents and representatives are domiciled, are not eligible.
- No purchase is required to enter.
- On July 6, 2015, at 10:00 a.m. (EST) at the Québec City Tourism office, one comment will be drawn from among all the comments received during the Contest Period.
- The Contest Organizers will contact the person whose name is drawn. To be declared the Winner, the entrant must:
- Be reached by the Contest Organizers within ten (10) days of receiving an email
- Sign and complete the declaration and release form (hereinafter the “Release Form”) provided by the Contest Organizers and return it to the Contest Organizers within ten (10) days of receiving it
- Should the Winner fail to comply with the above conditions or any other condition provided for in these rules, he/she will be disqualified.
- Within ten (10) days of receiving the signed Release Form, the Contest Organizers will send a letter to the Winner to inform him/her of how to claim the Prize.
- The Prize for two (2) includes:
- A pair of tickets for a show at the Videotron Centre, a value of $500,00
- Two passes for the Festival d’été de Québec, a value of $196,00
The Prize Winner and his/her travelling companion are entirely responsible for any and all costs not expressly described herein including, but not limited to, transportation, as well as personal expenses of any nature for accommodation, meals and beverages.
- The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or to cancel any entry of any person who enters or attempts to enter the Contest by any means contrary to these rules or unfair to other entrants (e.g., computer hacking, etc.). Such persons will be disqualified and may be reported to the appropriate legal authorities. Decisions of the Contest Organizers in this respect are final and without appeal.
- The Prize must be accepted as described in these rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted with another prize, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash, subject to the provisions of the following section. The Prize will be provided as packaged in the Contest; no changes are allowed.
- If, for reasons not related to the Winner, the Contest Organizers are unable to award the Prize as described in these rules, they reserve the right to award a similar prize of equal value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize indicated in these rules.
- The selected entrant releases the Contest Organizers, their advertising and promotional agencies, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, agents and representatives from any damages he/she may suffer as a result of accepting or using his/her Prize. To be declared the Winner and prior to receiving his/her Prize, the selected entrant agrees to sign a Release Form to this effect. The Release Form must also be signed before departure by the guest of legal age or the parent or legal guardian of any underage guest who is not the Winner’s child.
- The selected entrant acknowledges that upon receipt of a letter from the Contest Organizers confirming the Prize, the provision of services in connection with the Prize will become the sole and exclusive responsibility of each supplier of the items comprising such Prize. To be declared a Winner and prior to receiving the Prize, the selected entrant agrees to sign a Release Form containing a statement to this effect.
- The Contest Organizers, their advertising and promotional agencies, and their employees, agents and representatives bear no liability for faulty computers, computer components, software, or phone lines, for the loss or absence of communication networks, or for faulty, defective, incomplete, incomprehensible, or erased computer or network transmissions that could limit the possibility of or prevent any person from entering the Contest. The Contest Organizers, their advertising and promotional agencies, and their employees, agents and representatives waive all liability for any damages or loss that may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any Internet page or software, or by the transmission of any information with a view to entering this Contest.
- The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Contest in whole or in part in the event that unauthorized human intervention or any other occurrence corrupts or adversely affects the administration, security, impartiality, or normal operation of the Contest as specified in these rules. In no event can the Contest Organizers or their subsidiaries, their advertising and promotional agencies, their suppliers of goods or services used in connection with this Contest, or their employees, agents or representatives, be required to award more than one Prize or award the Prize other than in accordance with these rules.
- By entering this Contest, the Winner authorizes the Contest Organizers and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, likeness, statement regarding the Prize, place of residence, and/or voice for advertising purposes without any compensation whatsoever. The Winner agrees to sign a Release Form containing a statement to this effect.
- No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with the person selected for the Prize.
- Anyone entering or attempting to enter this Contest absolves the Contest Organizers, their advertising and promotional agencies, their subsidiaries, their affiliates, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, agents and representatives of all liability for any damages they may suffer as a result of entering or attempting to enter the Contest.
- By entering this Contest, entrants acknowledge that the Contest Organizers will collect their personal information. All Contest entries received become the property of the Contest Organizers.
- The name of the official Contest Winner will be posted on Québec City Tourism’s website and social media accounts.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to comply with these Contest Rules and all decisions made by the Contest Organizers, which shall be considered final.