With so many different ways to enjoy summer in Québec City, all we could ask for is a bit more time! Here are over fifty activities to have fun in summer.
1. Laugh along with the street performers in Old Québec.
2. Pedal around town on nearly 400 km of bike paths.
3. Enjoy a free circus show, Crépuscule, at Agora Port de Québec.
4. Enjoy a Canyon Sainte-Anne adventure on the via ferrata and zip lines.
5. Marvel at the Musée national des beaux-arts du Québec's new pavilion.
6. Explore the Parc Linéaire de la Rivière Saint-Charles and its 32 km of foot paths.
7. Hop on Abraham’s Bus to learn the fascinating history of the Battlefields Park.
8. Spread out a picnic and savour the St. Lawrence vistas on Promenade Samuel-de Champlain.
9. Set course for a St. Lawrence River guided cruise.
10. Groove on at one of the 2016 must-see concerts.
11. Behold the splendour of Montmorency Falls on foot or from the gondola.
13. Get to know the history, culture, and traditional dance of the Huron at the Onhoüa Chetek8e Traditional Huron Site at Wendake.
14. Observe some of the 325 bird species found at Cap Tourmente National Wildlife Area.
15. Hike the 100 km of trails in Parc national de la Jacques-Cartier.
16. Watch the Changing of the Guard at the Citadelle de Québec.
17. Check out the Saint-Louis Forts and Châteaux National Historic Site under Dufferin Terrace.
18. Say hello to the 10,000 marine creatures who call the Aquarium du Québec home, then cool off at the splash pad.
19. Admire the view from the Old Québec funicular, which links Dufferin Terrace to the Petit Champlain neighbourhood, Place-Royale, and the Old Port.
20. Head off for a fun and educational forest adventure at La Vallée Secrète.
21. Voyage back in time to New France at Fêtes de la Nouvelle-France.
22. Take the Charlevoix Rail Transit for spectacular mountain and river vistas.
23. Spin your wheels on the region’s great mountain bike trails.
24. Stimulate your appetite with an unforgettable agritourism experience: The Gourmet Route.
25. Get an eyeful at a Les Grands Feux Loto-Québec show.
27. Hit the links at one of the Québec City area’s great golf courses.
28. Relax at a spa.
29. Go gallery hopping.
30. Dive into the fun at Village Vacances Valcartier, with 35 water slides, 2 theme rivers, and a wave pool.
31. Cheer for a home run at a Capitales de Québec baseball game (Link in French).
32. Get back to nature at an outfitter.
33. Kick back and relax in one of the Québec City area’s parks and gardens.
34. Discover Québec City aboard an open-air double-decker tour bus.
35. Celebrate happy hour on a patio on Grande Allée.
36. Kayak down a river.
38. Make a wish at one of the city’s beautiful fountains.
39. Tackle the rapids with whitewater rafting.
40. Enjoy contemporary art in the heart of Old Québec with Unusual Passages (Web Site in French only), an outdoor public art walk.
41. Hit the beach and enjoy the watersports at Baie de Beauport.
42. Go horseback riding.
43. Jump on your motorcycle and discover Québec City and its surroundings.
44. Celebrate humor during ComediHa! Fest-Québec.
45. Sample beers from near and far at Festibière de Québec.
46. Take in a free outdoor concert at the Edwin-Bélanger Bandstand.
47. Paraglide at Mont-Sainte-Anne: thrills guaranteed!
48. Put the pedal to the metal at the go kart track.
49. Go back in time at Place Royale.
50. Saunter down Canada’s greatest street, Rue du Petit-Champlain.
51. Visit the Îlot des Palais archeological and historical site for a wealth of fun activities.
Great for a rainy day or if you’re looking for air conditioning:
52. Jump for joy at iSaute trampoline center.
53. Make a wealth of discoveries at a local museum.
54. Hit the amusement park rides at Méga Parc des Galeries de la Capitale.
What do you think of our tourist destination?
a GoPro camera!
Image for illustrative purposes only
Québec City Tourism would like to know your appreciation of your stay in the Québec City area.