Beaupré, June 29, 2011 – From July 1 to 3, the long week-end will pass in a flash when Mont-Sainte-Anne will be hosting the UCI Mountain Bike World Cup. As an unquestionable classic on the international circuit, the resort is proud to welcome elite’s athletes from all over the planet on its trails. Families and friends are invited to come and cheer on the riders, while taking the opportunity to try out the trails themselves!
Something new for all skill levels, al all times
Mont-Sainte-Anne’s mountain bike network welcomes thousands of visitors all summer long! Each year, the resort’s team adds new kilometres of trails for adepts. Already this season, 6 new single tracks have been added to the 130 km cross-country trails already offered. Three new downhill tracks also appeared on the map of the highest mountain offering downhill in the East of Canada. A new type of terrain called freeride* has also been included in the network, offering two additional tracks. *Freeride is half way between downhill and cross-country mountain biking. It starts from the summit but also requires pedaling during the ride.
- Located at the base of the mountain, the major pump track, the new dirt track and the mini shore area will satisfy every passionate biker.
- This entire package, only 30 minutes from downtown Quebec City!
- In which about 130 passionate and dedicated employees keep pushing the sport of mountain biking!
Marie-Hélène Prémont’s playground
Among the best of the best, keep an eye out for Marie-Hélène Prémont, resident of the area and Olympic medalist. “After all these years, Mont-Sainte-Anne has seen many athletes grow. It’s always a pleasure to see her race at home, to cheer her on and to, let’s hope, see her win once again. It is also a victory for us to know that our installations have contributed to the development of such an extraordinary athlete’’, informs Daniel Rochon, vice-president and managing director of Mont-Sainte-Anne. It’s a safe bet to assume that there will be A LOT of people there to support her during the finals, on July 3.
Downhill for beginners?
Two tracks entirely designed for a first try with downhill mountain biking will be newly accessible this summer. Why not give it a try? What an exciting and original activity!
The Sports Alpins Boutique and rental offers Scott bike rentals 7 days a week [downhill and XC], BMX bikes and protective gears. Located down the trails at the base of the mountain, the rental shop includes unlimited access to the trails with its fees.
Booking is possible online at mont-sainte-anne.com or by phone at 418.827.3708.
Where to stay ?
To not miss anything during these three awesome days staring the UCI World Cup at Mont-Sainte-Anne, stay for the week-end with a variety of lodging offers.
- Bike’n Camp Packages, starting at $25: Located only 7 km from the resort, gorgeous campsites beside the river are available. The bike trails are accessible from the campground and from the base of the mountain. The package is also offered with downhill access.
- Bike’n Lodging Packages, starting at $53: For a little more comfort, you can opt for this package available in chalet, condo or hotel.
- 30 -
For more information, for high resolution pictures or to plan an interview, please feel free to contact us.
Lisa Marie Lacasse
Mont-Sainte-Anne, Stoneham Mountain Resort and Le Grand Vallon golf course
1.888.827.4579, p. 323