Here are just a few areas where Québec City stands alone.
Credit: Guy Lessard
Oldest Buildings and Sites
Credit: Audet Photo
- La Citadelle de Québec: Largest British fort built in North America.
- Pont de Québec: Longest cantilever bridge in the world, with a free span of 549 meters.
- Québec Winter Carnival: Biggest winter carnival in the world.
Credit: Jean-Guy Lavoie
Oldest Businesses and Institutions
- Found June 21, 1764, The Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph is the oldest active newspaper in North America.
- J.A. Moisan grocery store, Rue Saint-Jean: Oldest grocery store in North America.
- The Morrin Centre library: Oldest English-language public library in Canada.
Credit: Pierre Terrien