Alphonse-Desjardins's Historical House
Geographical Area: n/a
Alphonse and Dorimène Desjardins had this house built in 1883. It is here they raised their 10 children and, in 1900, launched the first savings and credit co-op in North America. A historical re-enactment tells the fascinating story of the founding of the largest financial co-operative in Canada. A permanent exhibit in the house next door rounds out the visit.
We also appear in the following categories:
- Establishment equipped for groups
- Establishment offering individual activities for youth, Individual clients
- Establishment offering group activities for youth
Air conditioned, Docking Area, Non-smoking Establishment, Cloakroom
Free outdoor car parking on site, Free outdoor bus parking on site, Free outdoor bike parking on site
Schedule and Details
Schedule and rates are subject to change frequently and without notice. You should always visit their website or contact them before going.
Schedule: Open year-round. Monday to friday, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Free admission and parking.
Closed: Closed December 25 and 26 and January 1 and 2.
Distance between establishment and the following locations
- 28,3 km from airport
- 4 km from du Palais bus and train station, Québec city center)
- 17,4 km from Sainte-Foy train station
- 18,4 km from Sainte-Foy bus terminal
- 4,9 km from Convention Center
- 8,1 km from ExpoCité (trade show center)
General Restaurant Features