Québec City Tourism (QCT) is both a regional tourism association and a department of the City of Québec. The administrative structure of QCT comprises.
All divisions are under the authority of the General Manager. The three divisions are divided into a number of departments.
Strategy, Planning and Development Division
The Strategy, Planning and Development Division coordinates planning, supports tourism product development, and reports on industry and QCT performance.
- Ensure that priority development measures and projects are carried out by mobilizing, consulting, and coordinating with major public and private stakeholders
- Manage tourism projects and develop business plans and studies
- Offer consulting and training services
- Produce market intelligence
- Manage support programs for tourist product development in the Québec City region according to development and promotion priorities
- Develop partnerships to generate leverage and increase the funds available for product development and destination marketing
Marketing Division, Communication and Advertising Department
The Communications and Advertising Department plans, designs, coordinates, and produces public relations policies and programs as well as print and audiovisual promotional, advertising, and cyber marketing materials.
Provide communications services for
- Regional media representatives
- Other external stakeholders
Marketing Division, Sales, Services and Tourism Media Relations Department
The Sales, Services and Tourism Media Relations Department organizes, coordinates, and follows up on solicitation, promotional and sales activities with tourism generators.
- Welcome cruise ship passengers
- Oversee Cercle des ambassadeurs
- Provide services to convention, meeting, and sports event planners, as well as to incentive travel and tour organizers, travel wholesalers and agents, and travel journalists
Administration, Hospitality, and Services Division
The Administration, Hospitality, and Member Services Division manages three separate areas: budget and human resources management, member services, and visitor information.
- Assist other divisions with resource management (human, financial, material, and organizational)
- Prepare, monitor, and control the budget
- Implement the City of Québec's administrative policies
- Maintain and develop cooperative databases and manage computer assets
- Define and uphold the hospitality policy for the tourist region
- Manage QCT visitors and information bureaus
- Enforce the province’s tourism signage policy
- Member services
- Manage the QCT membership registration and annual renewal process
- Manage services and activities provided to members
- Coordinate member recognition activities
- Process complaints by the tourism clientele
- Collaborate on organizing events for members