Québec City Tourism counts more than 900 members in Québec City and the surrounding areas of Portneuf, Jacques-Cartier, Île d'Orléans, and Côte-de-Beaupré. It guides and leads tourism industry growth and contributes to industry prosperity through its marketing and development efforts, hospitality services for tourists, and information to the industry.
Its total budget for 2012 is $22 million, including a $12.8 million marketing budget.
Figures on our tourism industry
- Nearly 4.5 million tourists per year (2010), including over 1.0 million from 75 countries outside Canada
- $1.34 billion in annual tourism spending (2010)
- 23,600 regular full-time tourism-related jobs in 2010
- Approximately 550 hotel establishments with a total capacity of nearly 16,400 rooms.
- 4th destination in Canada, after Toronto, Montréal, and Vancouver (number of visitors)
More about Québec City and Area